We are not completely unaware of how technologies are helping us to get things done easily, from simply connecting to people living far to office related work. The more the technologies are becoming advanced, the more we are becoming dependent on them. Like laptops help us in a lot of ways. If you are a student, then it makes it easier for you to watch the online classes and no matter where you can send any document whenever your boss asks for it.
Moreover, you can store a number of documents in just a single folder, and you can also use the device for entertainment purposes as well. No doubt there are also flaws, but still, we can’t deny the fact that we cannot take a single step without our devices. But, it can be very irritating if you all of a sudden, the device loses connection with your Wi-Fi or if you see that your Wi-Fi is not connecting with your laptop.
Here, we will discuss the reasons and try to solve the problem.
6 Fixes to Solve the Wi-Fi and Laptop Connection Issue
No need to panic after seeing this problem. Many users have already faced this problem. According to UAE Technician, it is quite common, and with the following solutions, you will be able to fix the issue.
It might be possible when you turn on your system and are about to connect with Wi-Fi, you see that your system is refusing to connect. In this situation, following the given implement the steps given below. Further, you can also contact Laptop Repair Dubai for any help.
WiFi Driver Update
Let’s first go with the easy one. Often it has been seen that with easy solutions, many big problems are solved. You may face a connection issue as your Wi-Fi driver is old or corrupted. Hence, you need to update your Wi-Fi driver to prevent connection failure. There are two main ways to update your Wi-Fi, either manually or automatically.
For updating manually, the first thing you need to do is go to the manufacturer’s website and search for the most recent driver. You also need to keep in mind to choose the one that is compatible with your system. If you choose the wrong one, then you may have to repeat the process again.
Whereas automatic updates save a lot of time. You can go directly to a third party scanner. It will help you by recognising your system and finding the correct driver that matches your system. The first thing that you need to do is to download the application. Then, you have to proceed and click on the Scan Now button. You will see that it is scanning your system and finding the issue with the driver.
Now, you have to click on the Update All option to allow the process to start. Then, it will help to choose the appropriate version of the driver. Finally, check if your laptop is connected to your Wi-Fi or not.
Wi-Fi Driver Reboot
If updating Wi-Fi does not help you, then you can go for resetting the Wi-Fi driver. It might be possible that your Wi-Fi adapter develops issues with other devices, and thus you are facing connectivity issues with the Wi-Fi driver. There are some steps that will help you out. They are as follows:
- At first, you have to press the Windows logo key on the keyboard, and then press the Pause button.
- Then, a system dialog box will appear on your screen, and you have to press the Device Manager option.
- Then, you have to expand the Network Adapter by double-clicking on it. You have to right-click on the WiFi Driver Software, and also, you need to select the Uninstall device option.
- Finally, restart your laptop to make the changes. Lastly, see if this fix solves your connection problem or not.
Restart the laptop
This is one of the simplest and easiest ways to solve the problem. You can just restart your laptop. When you face a connection issue with Wi-Fi and laptop, simply try to reset your laptop, then reboot it once. Now, try to connect the laptop and Wi-Fi. If still, you are facing the connection issue, then go for the other solutions.
Renewal of your IP address
In most cases, it has been seen that due to IP conflicts, the connection issue is arising. There are some simple steps to renew the IP address given below.
- First, on the keyboard, press the Windows+R key. You will see the Run box on your screen. On the empty space, you have to type ‘cmd’ and then press Enter.
- Then, a black window will open, and you have to type ‘ipconfog/release’ and finally, hit the Enter button. You have to wait for a few minutes until the command is completed.
- After completing all the steps, now try to connect your laptop with your Wi-Fi.
Restart the modem and the router
You can also go for restarting your modem and router. This can also fix the problem.
- First, you have to remove the cable connection from both the modem and router. Then, wait at least 30 seconds.
- After waiting for a few seconds, plug in the cable to the modem, then press the Power button. At first, you have to go with the modem, so don’t get confused.
- Wait for at least 1-2 mins, then plug in the router’s cable and again hit the Power button.
- Finally, wait for 1-2 mins before turning on the router. Then, see if the connection issue between Wi-Fi and laptop is solved or not.
Try to turn off the third-party antivirus software
It might be possible that the third-party software is blocking the Wi-Fi to connect with your laptop. Hence, at this moment, you have to turn off the antivirus so that the connection can be established smoothly. This is the last way to fix the problem. You just have to temporarily turn off the antivirus software on your laptop. Finally, you have to check if the problem is solved or not.
So, these are six ways to solve the connectivity issue with your laptop and Wi-Fi. Follow the steps accordingly. This will definitely help you out. If you face any problem, then you can opt for professional assistance.