You’ve read a lot about the technical aspects of headphones. We’ve covered everything from dynamic driver to headphone sensitivity and impedance on our blog. It seems very easy to talk about ear cushions.
Actually, this is where you should think about it. Whether you’re a passionate music or podcast fan, spending time exercising, or needing to use headphones more often while working at home, the latest headphones price in Pakistan, headphones make a big difference.
That’s why we’ve created the complete TaoTronics guide. You need to know more than technical work in headphones. You deserve comfort.
This blog explains why ear pads (the foam pads that surround the ears when in-ear headphones are worn) are so important. We’ll also take a look at how you can replace foam with ear cushions and how to find the best cushion covers for your ear cushions.
Is it over? Let’s start
You might also like:
- What’s wrong with all these different headphone drivers?
- Description of the sensitivity and impedance of the headphones.
How important are ear cushions in headphones?
Earpads are not something you usually think of when shopping for headphones. Of course you’re looking for comfort, but many other factors come into play. So why should you pay attention to your ear cushions?
1. Ear cushions are the key to comfort in headphones.
These are not the only factors to consider, but let’s face it. If your ear pads are uncomfortable, you will not be able to enjoy music for hours. Be sure to check out reviews that mention not only ergonomic design or flexible headbands, but also ear cushions. In the reviews you will find different names: ear pads, foam ear pads, ear pads, headphones, etc.
2. Ear cushions are an integral part of the acoustic design of the headphones.
If you haven’t heard the term “headphones” and think it sounds weird, this might help. Designed to enhance your listening experience by wearing your ears for the best possible sound. Do you know how to put your hand to your ear to hear better? Same logic.
3. They effectively block outside noise.
Noise canceling technology is not always needed, although very helpful! The design of the ear cushions naturally blocks out annoying and loud outside sounds, blocking out noise so you can get away from the world around you. This extra layer of protection helps your music sound better and be more immersive.
Ear pad replacement guide
It is best to replace existing ear cushions if they become deformed or uncomfortable, or if the coating on the ear cushions is peeling. Our guide will help you replace ear cushions and extend the life of your current headset. It is not only more comfortable and convenient, but also more hygienic. Read on to learn more, or continue to the next section to learn how to clean your ear cushions.
Changing Your Headphone Earpads
Step one: Find a suitable replacement pad. You can do this by looking at the manual that came with your headset or by searching the internet. In some cases, a spare part may be found with the headset.
Second step: Once you’ve determined what type of ear cushions you need, measure them to make sure you get the right size replacement eartips.
Third step: buy online!
Step four: It should be easy to remove the old ear pads from the headphones. Remove the cushion and check that nothing is broken under it (for example, some cushions may come loose). Be careful not to remove the protective material from the ear cushions.
Fifth Step: Place the new ear cushions on the cups and fix them.
Headphone Care Guide
1. The importance of caring for your ear cushions
Caring for your ear cushions may seem like a daunting task, but it’s ultimately worth it. We’ll explain why below:
- Save money: By upgrading your ear cushions, you can use your headphones longer without having to buy a new pair.
- Get comfortable: If you wear headphones often, comfort is of the utmost importance. Make sure you’re doing your best and feeling as comfortable as possible by elevating your headset.
- Be hygienic: dirt and germs can accumulate on the ear cushions. Now more than ever, we understand how important hygiene is. Replace the ear cushions and make sure your headphones are as tidy and clean as possible.
2. Tips for cleaning your headset
Whether you use your headphones daily or weekly, regular cleaning is extremely important. Dirt and germs can build up and live on your ear pads, but it’s not just about keeping your ears clean and healthy. This can damage you and your ear cushions. Like any device, ear pads require some maintenance If they are not cleaned, dirt can build up, increasing the likelihood of wear.
Here are our top tips for cleaning your headphones and keeping them in top condition.
1. SIGN IMMEDIATELY
It’s a good idea to wipe down the ear pads every time you put them on. That is, if you sweat, get caught in the rain, or use it indoors for more than 30 minutes non-stop. This will immediately rid you of accumulated dirt and germs, as well as remove salty moisture that can destroy or clog the surface of the ear pads.
You may carry antibacterial wipes with you more often these days, and they are certainly easy to find in stores. Take the package with you the next time you go shopping so you can wipe down the ear pads after use.
2. WEEKLY CLEANING
Likewise, weekly cleaning is important to keep your headphones in top condition. Removal is necessary, but sometimes not enough. A thorough cleaning every week using the ideas below will keep your headphones hygienic and fresh.
- You MUST use the ear tip to clean all corners of the earpiece and remove excess debris.
- You MUST REMOVE the ear pads from the headphones to clean the place where they are attached.
- DO NOT use too much (or even at all) water near the internal electronics of the headphones.
- DO NOT clean the earbuds while charging.
3. CONDITION (sometimes!)
Do you have regular hair care? Is there a particular treatment your automobile receives every few weeks? It’s time to spread the word about headphones.
Refining involves editing the material your ear pads are made from. This is especially important if it is a leather item, as twice a year it will have to be treated like a pair of leather shoes. If you’re going to skip one of our tips, it’s probably what most people prefer. However, it’s worth setting a Google calendar reminder to keep your headset in good shape for a long time.
4. REPLACE PILLOW (REGULAR/AS REQUIRED)
As we mentioned above, you can easily replace the ear pads in your headphones. This is important if your ear pads are deformed, the case has begun to peel, or you think they need to be replaced. This can happen every six months or around 350-400 hours of use.
3. Tips for caring for your ear pads
So you’ve learned why you should be careful with headset foam pads. Above, we noted how to clean the ear pads. We will now explain why ear cushion care should be a priority.
- For the above reasons, regular cleaning is very important. It is not enough to wipe the ear pads every few weeks. Do this every time you’re sweaty or out in the rain (workout, commute, or when you have to attend a very hot Zoom meeting and then go for a walk), it will really make a difference. By continuing to do this, you can extend the life of your headset and keep it clean and comfortable for longer.
- Proper storage is also incredibly important. It is best to store your headphones in a case or in a safe place both indoors and outdoors. It deforms more slowly as it is less likely to fall or accidentally sit on the floor and therefore has less effect on the attenuation in the earpiece. Safe storage also means protection from direct sunlight. If you have old-fashioned headphones and you notice that the skin is peeling off the cups, keep them out of direct sunlight (especially after replacing the headphones) – it will change your life.
- Periodic replacement of the ear pads and/or headphones is necessary if you want to extend the life of your headphones as a whole. You don’t have to throw away your favorite pair just because the ear pads are uncomfortable. Instead, follow our step-by-step guide above to update your headphones and make them feel like new. (Despite the argument that it’s always good to keep up with the latest technology when it comes to headphones.)
TaoTronics Ear Cushion Replacement Tips
Sometimes you don’t need to upgrade your ear pads: you need a brand new headset. If yes, then we are here for you! Visit our website for the latest selection of incredible audio technologies. This includes on-ear headphones with comfortable ear cushions, true wireless headphones and more!
Replacing ear pads or buying new headphones? That is the question.
In this blog, you can read why you should clean, maintain and replace your ear pads. As our guide shows, it’s very simple and straightforward. By making sure they are comfortable to wear (or maybe even more comfortable!), you can keep your headphones looking their best for longer.
But is it enough?
Staying up to date with emerging technologies is crucial. You may have bought the best over-ear headphones of 2017, but even if you change ear pads regularly, they are not as good as the latest over-ear headphones of 2021. Perhaps your needs have changed too. True wireless earbuds aren’t going anywhere, and if your colleague’s AirPods make you jealous, it might be time for a change. In this case, it is better to buy new headphones.
Ultimately, you will have to choose the best route yourself. If you purchased your headphones within the last 18 months, replacing the foam insert will ensure a comfortable listening experience. Your headphones will work great for six months or more. If your headphones are old, you may want to do some research. Why not buy a pair of TaoTronics headphones if the last pair within your budget is better than the current pair? In short: we have had a difficult year.