Women constantly juggle multiple roles, from working tirelessly as homemakers to fulfilling their career-oriented professional roles. All these multifaceted roles require significant energy and effort to be executed smoothly and effectively. For all those extra efforts and to maintain their health, women require supplementation apart from a replenishing and balanced diet. They need iron supplements, various minerals, and especially, the best protein for women. Almost every woman needs these supplements, but if you have a fitness goal and are keen to build muscles and become strong, you may need much more than that and go for pre-workout, creatine, caffeine, etc.
This blog explores some essential supplements that every woman should consider taking regularly.
Key Supplements for Women
- Multivitamins: As the name suggests, multivitamins are an aggregate of more than one vitamin and mineral necessary for maintaining enough energy, immunity, bone health, and overall health. Commonly used multivitamins contain folic acid, iron, calcium, vitamin D, vitamin A, etc., to support a woman’s nutritional needs.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: These beneficial acids are necessary for maintaining heart and brain health. Omega-3 fatty acids can help prevent or treat mild inflammations and support cardiovascular health. Further, omega-3 supplements improve skin texture.
- Collagen: This amino acid is the primary building block of the skin and has become necessary for women as it promotes healthier skin with more elasticity. As collagen also plays a vital role in maintaining healthy joints, it is crucial for women facing joint- and bone-related problems.
- Iron: A necessary mineral for females, iron plays a vital role in menstruating women. It prevents anemia and also helps in combating fatigue during menstruation.
The Role of Protein in Women
Protein is an essential macronutrient needed by a woman’s body to perform daily bodily functions. Also, it boosts the process of tissue repair, building muscles, and strengthening the body. The best protein for women should contain properties of the normal isolated protein. In addition, the protein supplement should bear some certification vouching for its safety during hormonal activities such as menstruation cycles. According to experts, an average woman needs about 42 gm of protein each day. However, this quantity goes up for women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or leading a particularly active lifestyle.
The Best Protein Sources for Women
- Lean Sources: Protein derived from lean sources is sufficient, negating the need to take excessive saturated fats along with it. Lean sources of protein include chicken, salmon, tuna, egg, and yogurt.
- Plant-Based Options: Tofu, legumes, and quinoa are some of the best sources of plant-based proteins that can fulfill the need for proteins in females who do not want to depend on supplements for meeting their protein needs.
- Whey Protein: Considered one of the best protein sources, whey protein can be easily absorbed by the body. Whey protein is derived from milk, making it healthier and an excellent choice as a protein supplement.
Supplements, including protein, are powerful energy houses that complement one’s diet to ensure a healthy lifestyle. However, before beginning your supplement intake and incorporating the best protein for women into your daily routine, it is advisable to consult a doctor or a professional dietician. They can help you determine the exact amount of supplementary protein your body needs.
Women’s wellness is multi-dimensional, encompassing the physical, mental, and emotional aspects. Supplements for women can play an important role in their well-being. By prioritizing self-care and personal fitness, you can create your desired lifestyle. Remember, the best supplements for women to fulfill their nutritional needs typically include iron, protein, calcium, etc., and you can source all these from the Wholesale Nutrition Centre (WNC) in Tomball. WNC offers an extensive range of branded supplements and comes with years of unshakeable reputation for supplying quality products at pocket-friendly prices.